Cuppers is an inter-college team match for beginners and experienced dancers alike.
The rules of the competition require that at least one member of each partnership must be an ‘inexperienced dancer’. Hence, the success of a college depends as much on the beginners it recruits as on its established dancers.
Colleges enter teams of four couples. Each couple performs one of four dances: waltz, quickstep, cha and jive. The highest scoring team wins the Acheson Shield. The College with the most points overall takes home the Rob Stevens Memorial Cup.
Cuppers provides a unique opportunity for complete beginners to have a go at competitive ballroom or latin dancing. For many it marks the start of a life-long love affair with the sport.
The 2019 College Captains are:
- Balliol – Leyla Rizatepe
- Hertford – Jan Ri
- Jesus – Timothy Parker
- Keble – Elizabeth Boulter
- Lincoln – Dominic Cronie
- Magdalen – Jenny Vo-Phamhi and Carlo QC
- New – Kayla Kim
- Queens – Isabelle Gibbons
- St. Anne’s – Charlotte Schofield
- St. Catherine’s – Jamie Fisher
- St. Hugh’s – Elodie Harbourne
- St. John’s – Nicole Neo Di Wei
- Worcester – Todd Liebenschutz-Jones
If your college is not listed above and you want to start a team or if you are a college captain not listed above, please email email@example.com